points - Details)
Chris Burkard’s photographs are punctuated by energized landscapes and moments of bliss.
With the ocean as his main muse, Burkard has consistently captured this subject in timeless and expansive photographs.
• Burkard spent more than a decade on this quest.
• Explores how surfing is a bridge between the humble human figure
and awe-inspiring, powerful natural landscapes
• Features adventure-seeking surfers and images of natural serenity
Chris Burkard has established himself as a major photographer in the surf, outdoor, and adventure communities.
Chronicling some of the most beautiful natural phenomena in the world, Distant Shoresmakes a great pick for lovers of surfing, nature, and photography.
• Perfect for surfers, photographers, adventurer seekers, and those
who appreciate the beauty of our natural landscape
• Features extreme locations around the globe and awe-inspiring
phenomena, like the aurora borealis alongside extreme surfers
• Gorgeous on display on the coffee table
• Add it to the shelf with books like Swell: A Year of Waves
by Evan Slater, Leroy Grannis: Surf Photography
of the 1960s and 1970s by Jim Heimann and
Steve Barilotti, and The California Surf Project
by Eric Soderquist and Chris Burkard